Prevent Drug Abuse in Your Home
You have the power to help protect your family from drug abuse. With the right tools and knowledge from GetSmartAboutDrugs.com, you can get the facts—as well as advice and stories from other parents who've gone through what you're going through.
You Are Not Alone
It's important that you understand that you are not alone in your endeavor to protect and safeguard your family. Every parent wants to protect their family, and every family faces the threat of teen drug abuse. The DEA believes that each and every one of you has the power to do something for yourself and your families. All you need are the tools and information—and we've gathered many resources, including:
Watch this Video to Uncover the Resources to Prevent Teen Drug Use
Where to Find the Tools and Resources from the Video
- What Should I Say? Tips on starting the conversation with your kids.
- Did you Know? Facts about teen drug use and drug abuse that may surprise you.
- What Can I Do? Suggestions on tackling and preventing drug abuse issues in your home.
- Now I Know. Thoughts and stories from parents who've dealt with drug abuse issues in their own homes.
- Red Ribbon Week. Commemorate Red Ribbon Week and raise awareness of drug use, encourage drug-free lifestyles, and remember the death of DEA Special Agent Enrique Camarena.
- National Drug Facts Week. Help shatter the myths that surround drugs and drug abuse by taking part in this national health observance week for teens.
See quotes from other parents and learn what they now understand.